About JJ Sundberg
I am 49 years old Finnish Master Mariner, MBA in Shipping & Logistics, PGDIp in Maritime Law and MEng in Autonomous Maritime Operations*
My mother tongue is Swedish and I speak and write Finnish.
I am fluent by spoken and written English and I can also get along in Norwegian.
MEng in Autonomous Maritime Operations, Finland 2021 - 2023*
- Marine Operations
- Autonomous vessels-automation
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Human-Machine Interaction
- Cyber Security and Connectivity
- Classification, Qualification and Safety Perspectives
MBA in Shipping and Logistics, UK 2009 - 2012
- Shipping Business and International Trade
- Business Strategy
- Executive Leadership
- Advanced International Marketing
- Finance and Risk Management
PGDIP in Maritime Law, UK 2005 - 2008
- English Commercial Law and the inter-relationship of International Trade Contracts
- International Sale of Goods
- Bills of Lading Contracts
- Charterparty Contracts
- Marine Insurance
- Maritime Law, Salvage, Collison and General Average
- Financing the International Sale of Goods
- Litigation, Arbitration and ADR
- Conflicts of Law and Forum Shopping
- Ship Finance Law
BASc - Sea Captain, Finland 1999 - 2001
- Ship Technology
- Cargo Handling
- Radio Communication
Navigation - Deck & Cargo Officer, Finland 1994 - 1996
- Ship Navigation
- Ship Stability
- Ship Safety
- Ship Security
- Ship Cargo
- Ship Seaworthiness
2021 - Present: Autonomous Maritime Operations Student. Open for Work
2018 – Present: Maritime Advisor
2011 – 2017: CEO, Managing Director, Consultant, Advisor, Interim Executive, Co-Founder.
2006 – 2011: Claims Executive / Master Mariner, P&I and H&M marine insurance claims.
2000 – 2005: Chief, 1st & 2nd Officer onboard cruise ships.
1996 – 2000: Deck/Navigation/Cargo Officer onboard various ship types.
1989 – 1996: OS & AB onboard Navy Corvette, Crude Oil Tankers and RO-RO ships.